Actuarial Analyst Co-op
Working out of our Vancouver office, the successful candidate will work under supervision of the Vancouver Pensions department, in providing actuarial and administration support for clients with Defined Benefit pension plans. The individual should display strong communication skills and a good knowledge of the analytical side of the profession as he/she will be placed immediately into an environment rich with direct client contact.
• Prepares data reconciliations, benefit calculations, asset summaries and contribution requirement summaries
• Preparation of annual pension statements
• Assists in the preparation of actuarial valuations for funding purposes for pension plans
• Assists in the preparation of actuarial valuations for accounting purposes for pension and post-employment benefit plans
• Receives and responds to routine plan enquiries and requests from clients
• Supports the relationship between clients and other members of the consulting team
• Takes direction from, and supports, senior team members
• Attends internal training sessions to build knowledge of industry topics and trends
• Assist with special projects and tasks, as required
• University degree in actuarial science or mathematics
• Successful completion of at least 2 SOA exams and all VEE requirements
• Strong ambition to pursue a career as a consulting actuary
• Combination of excellent analytical and mathematical skills with strong work ethic
• Exceptional client focus with strong professional acumen
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Dedicated team player, who demonstrates initiative and independence
• A good understanding of personal computers and software, particularly MS Word, Excel, and programming
• Experience with Defined Benefit or Defined Contribution pension plans an asset
We’re always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders who will listen and work together with colleagues and clients to form long-term relationships and to deliver integrative solutions that fit.
As we continue to grow, we’re presently engaging with exceptional candidates interested in a range of exciting career opportunities. At www.morneaushepell.com you can explore our careers page to learn more about the solutions we deliver and the great people who help us do it. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter (Morneau_Shepell, Shepell).
We are thankful for your interest, but unfortunately, we can only personally connect with those selected for an interview.