Analyst Pension Implementation
Pension Plan Administration
Every day, Morneau Shepell (MS) works to improve the financial security, health and productivity of our client organizations and their people. Whether we are providing consulting or outsourcing services for pensions or benefits, employee assistance programs (EAP), occupational health, or disability and attendance solutions, we recognize that our collection of unique, talented people is what drives our success.
We are looking for an Analyst/Senior Analyst enthusiastic with the idea of working on a new large scale project in Halifax with a team of collaborators located in Halifax, Fredericton and Montreal. The main role will be to actively participate in and support the implementation of clients’ plans in our pension plan administration system.
Training will be provided on an ongoing basis and may include occasional transfer to Montreal and/or Fredericton.
Description of Role:
• Functional and detailed analysis of the provisions of the pension plans to be supported by our pension plan administration system.
• Integration in our pension plan administration system according to the features of the clients’ pension plans.
• Drafting documentation to support our clients’ pension plans needs within our pension plan administration system.
• Collaborating in the development of our pension plan administration system by making suggestions for improvement to the responsible team.
• Answering questions regarding the integration of the plan provisions in our pension plan administration system and on the interpretation of the provisions.
• Preparing test cases that will be used to validate the integration of the plan and preparing expected results for these tests cases.
• Support testers and/or execute tests on the configuration of our clients’ pension plans on and/or new developments in our pension plan administration system.
• Working with the data integration team to identify data requirements for the implementation of the clients’ pension plan on our pension administration system.
• Ensuring the quality of services offered to the client.
• Respecting deadlines by adequately managing and prioritizing the tasks assigned.
• Identifying problems and participating in their resolution.
• Building a knowledge of the standard implementation methodology as well as the client’s specific scope and needs.
• Related university diploma (actuarial science or mathematics) or professional equivalence.
• 0-4 years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of provincial and federal pension legislation an asset.
• Creativity, attention to detail and initiative.
• Able to manage own priorities and respect deadline.
• Good team spirit.
• Proficiency in English, both oral and written
• Proven experience in understanding and using information technology and proficiency in MS Office software programs including Word and Excel.
• Experience with Access as well as familiarity with SQL and programming languages including VBA an asset.
• Ability to potentially travel for orientation and training initially and thereafter for short trips.
Morneau Shepell is in the business of helping organizations help their people because we believe that engaged people are the driving force for society. Every day, the expertise of our almost 4,000 employees is recognized as essential to the financial security, health, and productivity of our clients and their people.
We’re always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders who will listen and work together with colleagues and clients to form long-term relationships and to deliver integrative solutions that fit.
As we continue to grow, we’re presently engaging with exceptional candidates interested in a range of exciting career opportunities. At www.morneaushepell.com you can explore our careers page to learn more about the solutions we deliver and the great people who help us do it. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter (Morneau_Shepell, Shepell).
We are thankful for your interest, but unfortunately, we can only personally connect with those selected for an interview.