12. What are my tax return filing requirements in Canada?

The provincial tax for all provinces (except Quebec) is reported via

the Canadian federal income tax return (Form T1). A separate Quebec tax return (TP-1.D-V) is required to be filed to report compensation earned in that province. Like in the U.S., tax returns are filed reporting income and deductions based on the calendar year.

You should receive a T4 slip (Canadian equivalent of a W-2 slip)

for the calendar year from your team by the end of February of the following year. If you received compensation earned in Quebec, you should receive an RL-1 slip as well.

The T1 and TP-1 (along with payment, if required) are due April 30 of the subsequent year.