November 18, 2019
CFL Players’ Association at 107th Grey Cup in Calgary
Calgary, AB – The CFL Players’ Association has a number of media and fan events scheduled during 107th Grey Cup week in Calgary, Alberta.
Thursday, November 21:
- Alberta Children’s Hospital (10:30 a.m. – noon) – Several CFLPA members (TBC) and staff will make a special visit to the children’s hospital.
- CFLPA Players Headquarters and 2019 ALL-STAR TEAM announcement – (1 – 5 p.m.) – Fionn MacCool’s, 255 Barclay Parade SW (Sheraton Eau Claire Suites) – The official meeting place for the CFLPA at Grey Cup. Stop by all week long to enjoy the fun with a number of CFLPA members. The CFLPA All-Star team will be announced at approximately 2 p.m.
Friday, November 22:
- CFLPA State of the Union (2:30 p.m.) – Sheraton Eau Claire Suites, Willow Room) – The CFLPA will host its annual State of the Union featuring Executive Director, Brian Ramsay, the CFLPA Executive and players.
- CFLPA Players Headquarters (1 – 5 p.m.) – Fionn MacCool’s, 255 Barclay Parade SW (Sheraton Eau Claire Suites) – The official meeting place for the CFLPA at Grey Cup.
Saturday, November 23:
- CFLPA Youth Football Camp (9 – 11 a.m.) – Stampede Grounds, BMO Centre, Hall A – CFLPA members will lead drills, teach skills and meet with local youth football players.
- CFLPA Players Headquarters (1 – 5 p.m.) – Fionn MacCool’s, 255 Barclay Parade SW (Sheraton Eau Claire Suites) – The final day for the official meeting place for the CFLPA at Grey Cup. Select players are scheduled to stop by all afternoon to meet with fans and get ready for the game.
- Enriched Academy – Focus on Financial Literacy (5 – 7 p.m.) – Sheraton Eau Claire Suites, 255 Barclay Parade SW, Calgary, AB T2P 5C2 (Silver Willow Meeting Space) – Join experts from the Enriched Academy, along with members, executives and staff from the CFLPA and United Steelworkers to learn about the world of Financial Literacy and all you need to tackle your personal finances. Event is open to the first 50 fans interested.
Sunday, November 24:
- 107th Grey Cup game (4 p.m. – McMahon Stadium)
*All times are local Mountain Time
About the CFLPA
The Canadian Football League Players’ Association (CFLPA) is the union for professional football players in the Canadian Football League (CFL). Since 1965, the Association has worked to establish fair and reasonable working conditions while protecting the rights of all CFL players. In addition to negotiating and enforcing the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), the CFLPA provides a variety of member services, builds corporate and community partnerships and works diligently for the betterment of its membership. Find us online at cflpa.com
For more information: Jason Langvee, CFLPA Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-800-616-6865